Carmel, Indiana Attorney for Guardianship of a Minor or Incapacitated Person


There may be times when a person is unable to make decisions or properly care for themselves. Children may not be ready to assume the responsibilities of an adult when they turn 18, for example. In these situations, the law has a procedure where a concerned person may petition the court and ask to be appointed as a Guardian for the person in need of care. When appointed, the Guardian is then accountable to the court for the well-being of the person under Guardianship who is referred to in court as a “protected person.” There are different types of Guardianships, depending on the specific needs of the minor or the incapacitated person.

At the Law Office of Elizabeth A. Homes, LLC, we understand the need of concerned people to become Guardians over a minor or of an adult who is incapacitated. We also represent those who are fighting against having a Guardian appointed. Our office is located in Indianapolis, Indiana and we serve those throughout all of Central Indiana, including Fishers, Lawrence, Noblesville, Westfield, Williams Creek and Zionsville. We also serve clients in multiple other counties outside of Central Indiana. These include but are not limited to Allen, Boone, Carroll, Dearborn, Grant, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Howard, Jasper, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan and Tippecanoe.